The Baltic Assembly announces the international competition for the Baltic Assembly Prize in Literature, the Arts and Science 2023. The deadline for submitting an application is 1 June 2023.
The Baltic Assembly Prize was established to:
- demonstrate the mutual interests of the countries in this region in upholding their national identity and self-esteem by supporting outstanding achievements in literature, the arts and science;
- maintain the continuous interest among the people of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia about developments in their neighbouring countries by giving them an opportunity to learn about their neighbours’ achievements;
- strengthen cooperation among the Baltic States in the fields of literature, the arts and science;
- create interest among a growing number of people about the intellectual values and languages of the Baltic nations;
- raise the general level of literature, the arts and science in the Baltic countries.
The prize - a special statuette, a certificate and a monetary award in the amount of EUR 5000 is presented at the Baltic Assembly awards ceremony during the annual session of the Baltic Assembly.
In Literature, the prize is awarded to an author for a novel, a play, a collection of poems, short stories or essays, or any similar written composition in Estonian, Lithuanian or Latvian. The work must have been published for the first time within the past five years. In the Arts, the prize is awarded to an author or to a performer for a work of art or a series of works. It may also be awarded to a director, soloist, actor, ballet artist or a group of artists for an outstanding artistic achievement accomplished within the past three years. In Science, the prize is awarded to an author for an outstanding research work or series in the humanities, social or natural sciences, which is of international importance and has a considerable impact on the Baltic region and has been published within the past five years.
The portfolio and works of candidates shall be submitted to the respective judging committee of each Baltic state in accordance with the regulations of the competition prior to 1 June 2023.
For more information please contact: